Miss you Big Lad

Thursday 16 August 2007

Girlfriend arriving Friday 17th Aug

Firstly thank you all who voted on my poll. This is one of the nice places I shall be taking my new friend.

Last Sunday my mum and Auntie Ina (Holly and Abby's mum) took me to visit The Border Collie Trust, where I came from many walks ago. My mum had read about a 6 year old collie girl on their website that she thought I might like. The lady there went to the kennels and brought out a tiny (well I suppose anyone is small to me) collie, I liked the look of her straight away, but she's a funny colour, I heard my mum say she is sable and white and that she looked a bit like a Sheltie, I suppose us Collie crosses come in all shapes and colours.
Anyway, she come over to me and sniffed my bum, then she sniffed my nose and she wagged her tail, I thought I'd better do the same too, then we went for a walk together, and were let off our leads so we could get to know each other better. She followed me everywhere, I thought girls were meant to play 'hard to get', but I think I like her.
My Mum's eldest human who had joined us there, suddenly said something that all the other humans thought was really funny and they all started laughing, mum said it was fate and that we ought to adopt her.
It must be a human thing, but why would the sentence 'When Harry met Sally' make them all go into hysterics, I'm totally confused.

7 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw Harry, what exciting news. Today is the day Sally arrives. I look forward to hearing the latest.

Katy x

Katherine and Pippa said...

Congratulations.

Hope you find time to take some pix.

Pippa & Kate.

Katherine and Pippa said...

PS Just added a quick note on DWB news about her - so be sure to hurry with those pix.

Kate and Pipps.

Jake of Florida said...

Hi HugehappyhairyHarry,

I just read about you on the DWB News and had to write for several reasons. First, guess what, my name is Harry, Just Harry. And second, you know that "hilarious thing" someone said -- well I got it too. Read some of my older posts and you will see the whole story about "When Harry Met Jake!!!

It's a people thing.

Congrats on your new sister. (I wonder what it would be like to have a sister instead of my brother, Jake?

Many woofs,

Just Harry

Jake of Florida said...

HHHHarry,

Just to set the record straight: I. Jake, the "first born" was in your situation when Just Harry arrived. I went through what you'll be going through -- lots of cuddles and reassurances that I'm still "first dog." But always with that pesky presence in what was once a charmed, spoiled life.

And now -- even after two years of living together -- the little whippersnapper still likes to tease me, and one of our "bitey face" games turned a little strong -- leaving JH with the dreaded collar for 10 days.

It wasn't intentional. I got carried away. (After all, we are both terriers.) My advice is to use all your mature understanding and experience to control those inevitable instincts.

Girls tend to be bossy though, and your new sister will probably have you wrapped around her little paw.

Woof woof from

Jake (the first of the Barkalot Boyz)

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi HHHHarry...
My name is Ruby, congrats on the new girlfriend! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Harry, hope she doesn't boss you around too much! J x